2023 Year in Review
My verse for my art business is Colossians 3:23, so at the end of each year, I think it's important to take a look back and see how I've been a good steward of the gifts and talents God has given to me by documenting my work/art highlights, and make sure the things I'm doing are on task for my set goals for the year.
I hesitate to post these each year, because it feels a bit boastful, but then I have to remember that I'm only able to do these things because of God's blessings, and I always want to always remember that and point back to Him.
So drumroll, here's my top Ten Art Highlights for 2023.
1) Through my art business, I was able to donate artwork and money to 11 ministries and non-profit organizations, and donated an online course for Art Bundles for Good.
2) I taught twice at the Creative Soul Retreat with Stephanie Ackerman, at the Whatever Craft House in Newton, Kansas, and also co-hosted a Mixed Media workshop with Beth Woessner at her beautiful studio in northwest Arkansas.
3) I wrapped up an amazing year with my faith based online Creating In Him membership of over 30 women who shared faith, art and community.
4) I rebranded, revamped and relaunched my Paint to Product Master Course (formerly Art Bloom), where I help artists grow their business and maximize painting time by learning how to print their artwork on products.
5) I was the feature teacher in December for Color Crush Creative’s Deck of Dreams 365.
6) I collaborated with artist and speaker Patti Rhodes in 3 events to share her book, Warrior Women. The Untold Stories, that features my artwork.
8) I participated local 3 local group art exhibitions.
9) I celebrated my 6th year of my Art + Scripture calendars and was able to donate over 100 calendars to the incarcerated women at our local correctional facility
10) I partnered with 8 retail shops/galleries to sell my artwork, and shipped art to customers in 34 states from my online store.
Thank you to all of you who supported and encouraged me in my art journey for 2023. I'm so excited to see what 2024 holds!
If you'd like to get bi-monthly updates on my art events, new products, art tips, frree art content and more, subscribe to my Behind the Brush newsletter here.